PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Ethylene, Propylene, Benzene, Isocyanates, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Methanol, Natural Gas, NGLs, Crude. Naphtha, Acetic Acid, Caustic Soda, Bromine, SBR, Coal, Gasoline, Diesel, Ammonia, Urea, LNG, Biofuels, Biomaterials
Dow, LyondellBasell, ExxonMobil, Westlake, Axalta, BASF, BP, DIC, Ecolab, Elkem, Honeywell, Chandra Asri, SK Innovation, JSR, Kemira, Lummus, Novozymes, Polykemi, Posco Chemical, Saudi Kayan, Sekisui Chemical, Shikoku Chemicals, SIBUR, Stepan, Sumitomo Chemical, Thyssenkrupp, Umicore, Sherwin-Williams, PPG, Akzo-Nobel, Huntsman, 3M, Avantor, Covestro, Entegris, LG Chem, McDermott, Olin, Occidental, Shin-Etsu, Formosa Plastics, Repsol, S-Oil, Aramco, Sika, Symrise, Tikkurila, Tokuyama, Methanex, Natgasoline, Southern Chemical, Ashland, Borealis, Berry Global, Clariant, Hexpol, Kraton, Lonza, Lotte Chemical, Mitsubishi Chemical, Orbia, PQ Group, SABIC, Shell, Siam Cement, Sipchem, OCI, Total, Trinseo, Songwon, Shintech, Brenntag, Ford, Avient, Chevron, Eastman, Eni, IMCD, Ingevity, LSB, OMV, Smurfit Kappa, Tronox, Versalis, Wacker, CenterPoint, Continental Resources, Energy Transfer, CP Chemicals
C-MACC Sunday Recap 64
Trading Places: Momentum Leaving Commodity Chemicals
- US commodity prices will likely peak in 2Q21, weather permitting.
- Commodity length likely to hurt producer profits less than their equities in 2H21.
- Investor shifts from commodities to specialties and selective positions likely.
- Our preferred commodity chains remain Vinyls, Acetyls, & Urethanes.
- Commodity company capital deployments will face increased levels of scrutiny.
- Global sector environmental efforts gain positive momentum, less so in the US.
Last week we discussed 30 Chemicals and related products and 90 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams