Daily Chemical Reaction
- On average, US commodity chemical price premiums remain high relative to their historical tie to several key overseas markets. We find rising evidence of loosening US (and global) supply chains whacking US spot price support.
- We highlight Trinseo, Shell, & Braskem strategic update news, flag BASF & AOC price hike initiatives, and discuss multiple sector production updates.
- USGC spot ethylene holds up following reset lower, while spot US benzene reflects downward pressure amid increased availability.
- We discuss an increased push to broaden climate-friendly initiatives from traditional channels and flag multiple global ESG sector initiatives.
- The Freightos China-to-US freight rate index moves higher (again) WoW.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams