PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Ethylene, Propylene, Benzene, ABS, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Methanol, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Styrene, MMA, Oxo Intermediates, Biofuels, Deisel, Ethanol, Butylenes, PHA, LNG, Ammonia
LyondellBasell, Dow, ExxonMobil, Westlake, CP Chemical, OxyChem, Borealis, Air Products, Linde, Air Liquide, Sherwin-Williams, Axalta, PPG, DuPont, Huntsman, AkzoNobel, Olin, Shintech, Formosa Plastics, Bodal Chemicals, BASF, Reliance, H.B. Fuller, Messer, Tatneft, Teknor Apex, Verdant, Vinmar, Petrobras, Covestro, Eneos, Pemex, Petro Rabigh, Sinopec, Shell, Sibur, SABIC, bp, United Airlines, CosMar, Brenntag, Celanese, PolyPacific Polymers, Aramco, Adnoc, Sulzer Chemtech, Denka, Freeport LNG, Kemira, Sempra, Miracle, Lanxess, Wacker Chemie, Generali, Nouryon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Dixons, Samsung Eng., Baker Hughes, Chart Industries, ConocoPhillips, Elkem, Givaudan, IGO, Tianqi Lithium, Kiri Industries, Nippon Paint, RadiciGroup, Schur Flexibles, Songwon, TAIF, Chevron, Nova Chemical, OQ, LG Chem, GS Caltex, Mitsui Chemicals, Sinochem, Daimler, Maersk, EQT, Danimer Scientific, Gevo, Origin Materials, Newlight, Aemetis, Delta Air Lines, Schlumberger, Amazon, Olin, ASHTA Chemicals, Enterprise Products, GM, Indian Oil, Lonza, Nobian, PetroChina, Pulcra Chemicals, Shin-Etsu, Stolt-Nielsen, Orion Eng. Carbons, Boral Products, Williams, Kroger, Ceres, Avient, Lion Energy, Lotte Chemical, Cornerstone Chem
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 73
Gas Gauge: Could The US Ethylene Cost Advantage Diminish?
- While far from evident today, an uneven pull on NGL demand versus crude could create feedstock cost inflation in the US and erode the cost advantage.
- Today higher oil costs and lower co-product value have driven an improving competitive advantage for the US, but NGL price inflation is a real risk
- Domestic demand for ethane and propane is rising, but export demand is also set to rise further against a backdrop of constrained production
- We expect the strong cost advantage to last through 2021, but it looks less clear after that.
- Our ESG and Climate report discussed shortages, cash, materials, labor, etc.
Last week we discussed 26 Chemicals and related products and 109 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams