Daily Chemical Reaction
- US commodity chemical industry health remains high. This report flags the positive methanol market setting and likely considerations driving the Methanex Geismar 3 project into a period when conditions could moderate.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Methanex, EMS-Chemie, Compass Minerals, Shell & other price & business news).
- Sector demand indicators broadly remain robust, but we flag a few notable logistical items that could add to supply chain issues in the US and Europe.
- We find numerous ESG announcements worth mention, ranging from the launch of the China ETS to views on solar project development costs.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we launch a multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams