PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Propylene, Ethylene, Benzene, Chlorine, Caustic Soda, Nylon, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Carbon Offsets, Polyester, LNG, Propane, Coal, Butadiene, Methanol, Phenol, Acetone
LyondellBasell, Westlake, DuPont, Eastman, Shintech, OxyChem, Formosa Plastics, Dow, Nova Chemicals, Univar, Brenntag, DSM, Huntsman, Evonik, Inter Pipeline, Adami, Indian Oil, Jiangsu Sailboat, Lotte Fine Chemical, PKN Orlen, Zeon Corp, Ube Industrials, Procter & Gamble, CATL, BP, ExxonMobil, Chevron, PetroChina, Valero, CP Chemical, Sinopec, Asahi Glass, Balaji Amines, FMC, Hanwha Solutions, Hexion, Adani Group, Lanxess, Lenzing, Mitsubishi Chemical, Petron, ProAmpac, Quaker Chemical, Showa Denko, SK Innovation, Sibur, Toray, Tosoh, Venator, Marathon Petroleum, Helmerich & Payne, ConocoPhillips, Petkim, Versalis, Aramco, Williams, Clorox, Air Products, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, Linde, Air Liquide, Brookfield, TPG, Avient, Shell, Unilever, Engie, NextDecade, Borealis, Albemarle, Livent, Braskem, Chandra Asri, Daicel, Daikin Chemical, GCP, Kao, Merck KGaA, Mitsui Chemicals, Nippon Kayaku, Nippon Shokubai, Olin, SABIC, Tata Chemicals, Trinseo, Wacker Chemie, Wood, Phillips 66, PPG, Sherwin-Williams, Arakawa Chemicals, Asahi Kasei, BASF, Covestro, Ecovyst, Highfield Resources, Hodogava Chemical, IFF, Indorama, KBR, Koppers, Kureha, LBB Specialties, Maire Tecnimont, Symrise, Synthomer, Tokyo Ohka, Toyobo, UPL, Ganfeng, McDermott
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 78
Nothing Super About This Cost – A Downside Surprise
- C-MACC meetings in Washington DC last week covered many areas of clean energy and plastics; we find action limited because of little regulatory clarity.
- The superfund clause in the Infrastructure Bill is a notable recent development – it may be unavoidable but will also unlikely cost the chemical industry much.
- It targets few chemical sites, but the Infrastructure Bill has few revenue streams, and chemical sector profit is high – we discuss potential developments.
- We could see the Energy companies lose coherence as one group wants to limit climate initiatives while another wants to collaborate – a challenge for the API.
- This report also on the strength in ethylene and the freight cost hurdle helping US profits, the opportunity for US natural gas, and the economy.
Last week we discussed 27 Chemicals and related products and 113 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams