PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Ethylene, Propylene, Methanol, VAM, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Chlorine, Caustic Soda, Oxo Intermediates, Biofuels, Biopolymers, Methyl Acrylate, MEG
LyondellBasell, Dow, ExxonMobil, BASF, Albemarle, Livent, SQM, Methanex, Mitsui Chemicals, Celanese, Natgasoline, Southern Chemical, Lanxess, IFF, Evonik, BHP, Adnoc, Alpla, Inter Pipeline, Clariant, LG Chem, GM, Lukoil, NPP Polyplastic, Orbia, Showa Denko, Siegfried, Sinopec, SK Capital, Deltech Holdings, Univar, Solvay, Pemex, Petrobras, PetroChina, PTTGC, Avery Dennison, Arlanxeo, TPC Group, CP Chemical, Baystar, Gail, WR Grace, Hainan Mining, Hanwha Solutions, Kemira, Merck, Sika, Sinostar, Petronas, OQ, Formosa Plastics, COIM, Braskem, Westlake, Olin, OxyChem, Shintech, Indian Oil, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Toll Brothers, Viking Energy, Kinder Morgan, Gevo, Aemetis, Origin Materials, Monolith Materials, Danimer Scientific, Air Products, Air Liquide, Linde, Aker Carbon Capture, Summit Carbon Solutions, Amazon, Apple, Google, International Paper, WestRock, Georgia Pacific, Nova Chemicals, Bacanora, Lubrizol, DSM, Ganfeng, Orocobre, Galaxy, Phillips 66, Posco Chemical, Tessenderlo, Hyosung, SP Chemicals, Emmi, Borealis, Greiner Plastics, ConocoPhillips, Eneos, Talos Energy, SABIC, Bachem, Berlin Packaging, Casale, Equate, Nabaltec, Hyundai, Kia, Toray, Kraton, TotalEnergies, Shell, Sumitomo, DWS, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Dell
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 81
- The departure of the LyondellBasell CEO marks the end of a disappointing 7 years for the company in terms of equity performance, and we discuss why.
- Strategic uncertainty, e.g., the potential Braskem investment, and questionable growth initiatives, drove low equity returns and poor executive compensation.
- Management turnover is a concern and new leadership will likely have more to fix than appears on the surface – we suggest a possible new strategy.
- Otherwise, we look at the ever-widening profitability gap between Asia and the US, something LyondellBasell will understand well, and look at possible corrections
- In our ESG and Climate work, we spent more time on polymer recycling and discussed the risks of new technology and how overly reliant we may be on them
Last week we discussed 23 Chemicals and related products and 114 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams