PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Ethylene, Propylene, Benzene, VAM, Phenol, Acetone, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Propylene Oxide, Butadiene, Methanol, Chlor-Alkali, LNG, Hydrogen Peroxide, Sugar
ExxonMobil, CP Chem, Dow, Baystar, Enterprise Products, Flint Hills, TPC Group, LyondellBasell, Kem One, Tronox, Aramco, Avient, Koppers, Albemarle, SQM, Livent, Millennial Lithium, DSM, Formosa Plastics, Westlake, Shintech, OxyChem, OQ, Mitsubishi Chemical, Chevron, Gevo, Showa Denko, Citgo, Phillips 66, Sinopec, Hanwha Solutions, Celanese, Mitsui & Co., Shell, Linde, Air Liquide, Braskem, BASF, Valero, Pilbara Minerals, Standard Lithium, Hyundai, Mitsui Chemicals, SIBUR, Petkim, Siemens Energy, LG Chem, Sumitomo, Tesla, Toyota, Iberdrola, BP, Kogas, Sasol, Haldor Topsoe, Eni, Walmart, Boeing, Cenovus, Murphy, Suncor, Freeport LNG, Borealis, PPG, Sherwin-Williams, AkzoNobel, Axalta, U-POL Holdings, TotalEnergies, CATL, MEGlobal, Henkel, Tokuyama, Panasonic, PepsiCo, Amazon, P&G, Nikola, Petro Rabigh, Honeywell, Preem, Yum China, Weber, Aker Carbon Capture, Summit Carbon Solutions, Agilyx, Solugen, Fulcrum Bioenergy, Aemetis, Delta Air Lines, Bunge, Caterpillar, Engine No 1, Eastman, Methanex, Arkema, Azelis, Pinnacle Polymers, GAIL, W.R. Grace, Solvay, Wacker Chemie, El Paso Natural Gas, Tullow Oil, Kinder Morgan, Hexion, Nexans, GM, Ford, Ballard Power, ADNOC
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 84
Carbon Capture For Houston: ExxonMobil Assembles a Team
- While many questions remain, ExxonMobil has attracted an impressive roster, and from a skills perspective, can complete the Houston carbon capture project.
- The price tag looks exorbitant to us, and even if 45Q moves to the $85 proposed in the “CLEAR” bill, the returns on the overall project will likely be very low.
- First-mover advantages are likely limited in polyethylene, given four large and one small producer on the “team”, but those absent may still face disadvantages.
- This collaboration unites a few fierce competitors, indicating how costly and difficult carbon abatement will be. This project needs the proper support.
- Otherwise, this week; more storm-related problems, runaway natural gas prices, and a setup for further raw material, logistic, and energy-driven inflation
Last week we discussed 25 Chemicals and related products and 111 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams