PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene, PET, Ethylene, Methanol, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Propylene, Chlorine, Caustic Soda, Carbon, Coal, Carbon Black, Steel, Cement, Aluminum, TDI
LyondellBasell, Braskem, Dow, CP Chemical, Sherwin-Williams, PPG, Methanex, Natgasoline, Mitsui Chemicals, Celanese, Southern Chem. (SCC), Westlake Chemical, Shintech, Formosa Plastics, OxyChem, Olin, Aramco, Petrobras, Chevron, Epsilyte, ExxonMobil, Linde, Boral Building Prod., Reliance, IMCD, Baker Hughes, Shell, Phillips 66, Sigma Energy, LG Energy, PepsiCo, McCormick, BASF, Technip, Neste, Repsol, Enterprise Products, Flint Hills, Akzo-Nobel, Axalta, Clariant, Evonik, Songwon, Brenntag, Covestro, Mitsubishi Power, TotalEnergies, Henkel, Amyris, Jera, Ineos, Skoda Auto, KEM ONE, Gevo, Danimer Scientific, Orion Engineered Carbons, Monolith, Origin Materials, Pinnacle Polymers, Sika, Omnium, BP, Hyundai, Indorama Ventures, Mitsui & Co., General Electric, GM, Sasol, Sunfire, SK Group, Plug Power, Pryme, Interseroh, MEGlobal, Fortescue, PureCycle, Firmenich, Marathon Petroleum, OMV, Nouryon, Albemarle, Orlen Unipetrol, Sabic, Sibur, Stolt-Nielsen, PTT Global, Air Products, Advent Technologies, Navigator CO2, Adnoc, Tosoh, Thyssenkrupp, TC Energy, Deutsche Post, BMW, Huntsman, Pursell, Feralpi, J-Power
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 87
Damned if you Dow and Damned if you Down’t. Hard to win
- We discuss our positive view of Dow’s strategic moves to produce low-cost low carbon polyethylene in Canada while also expanding capacity.
- Western commodity chemical companies likely face lower profits in 2022/23 than 2021 and stiff ESG headwinds – this is keeping investor sentiment depressed.
- Since introducing its carbon tax plans, Canada has attracted significant net investment – US Congress should take note as this could have been US investment
- Our ESG research this week discussed the IEA study on China’s 2060 goals and why China could gain from the learning curve pains of Western peers.
- Our daily research this week targeted falling Western Chemical profit.
Last week we discussed 24 Chemicals and related products and 99 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams