PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polystyrene, Polycarbonate, PET, Ethylene, Propylene, Benzene, Lithium, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas, NGLs, Crude, Naphtha, Chlor-Alkali, Methanol, Oleochemicals, Carbon Black, Corn, Wood Pulp, Ethanol, Oxygen, Water, Soy, Canola, Steel, Aluminum
Nova Chemicals, Enterprise Products, Dow, LyondellBasell, CP Chemical, ExxonMobil, Braskem, TotalEnergies, Formosa Plastics, Westlake Chemical, Shintech, OxyChem, Sika, Huntsman, BASF, Wanhua, Covestro, PPG, Sabic, Advanced Petrochemical, Huber Eng. Materials, Posco, Indorama Ventures, Perstorp, Helm, Petro Rabigh, LG Chem, Phillips 66, PipeChina, Uniper, Aramco, DIC Group, Baker Hughes, Arkema, Bloom Energy, Origin Materials, Plastic Energy, Mitsui, Goodyear, Technip Energies, Sibur, NewHydrogen, Wolf Midstream, Olin, Neste, Lucid Energy, Trinseo, Petrobras, Solvay, APK, Deutsche Bahn, PKN Orlen, Thyssenkrupp, Covenant Logistics, Cyclum Renewables, Ineos, Toyo Ink, Blackstone, Novelis, Orsted, Maersk, GM, Cathay Pacific, Plug Power, ITM Power, NEL, PowerCell Sweden, Chart Industries, FuelCell Energy, Advent Technologies, Fusion Green Fuels, Hydrogen Refueling Solutions, Monolith, Cabot, Orion Engineered Carbon, Navigator Ventures, Summit Carbon Solutions, Net Power, Third Point, Air Products, Haldor Topsoe, British Lithium, McPhy, Ceres Power, Ballard Power, Hexagon, Tokai Carbon, Atome, Shell, DuPont, Unilever, Johnson Matthey, OMV, Borealis, Honeywell, Novatek, DSM, Lukoil, Synthomer, Adani, Imperial Oil, Piedmont Lithium, Maire Tecnimont, Eni, EH Group, Yara, Lantmannen, Hyzon Motors, Delta Air Lines, TSMC, Sherwin-Williams, Axalta, EDF, DIC, LG Energy, Magellan Midstream, Titan LNG, Shamrock, Benvic, Sun Chemical, Reliance Industries, Gabriel-Chemie, Lanza-Jet, Synova, Ventile, Cyclum
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 101
Be-Laboring The Point Of Worker Shortages
- The US faces short- and long-term labor challenges, an issue that is prevalent in other regions and globally ranks behind only COVID and inflation in CEO worries.
- Short-term worker shortages may continue while Omicron spreads, and Sherwin Williams will unlikely be alone seeing a negative impact on near-term results.
- A structural lack of labor could thwart long-term manufacturing/construction ambitions; costs will rise to attract skilled workers from early retirement/childcare.
- We discuss strength in construction chemicals despite the concerns above and question why Huntsman is being bothered by an activist when things look good.
- Otherwise, we highlight some more energy issues and look at inventories.
Last week we discussed 30 Chemicals and related products and 126 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams