PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, PET, Clean Energy Minerals, Ethylene, Propylene, MEG, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Methanol, Silicones, Polysilicon, Metals, BioMaterials, Fossil Fuels, BioFuels, LNG, Wind, Silicon, Lithium, EVs, LPG, Solar, Chlor-Alkali, Siloxanes, Benzene
LyondellBasell, Dow, Nova Chemicals, Westlake Chemical, CP Chemical, ExxonMobil, PPG, Axalta, Sherwin-Williams, 3M, Ganfeng Lithium,, Lithium Americas, Albemarle, SQM, Livent, Shikoku Chemicals, Trinseo, Showa Denko, Braskem, Eni, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Shell, Total Energies, Tesla, Hexion, Invista, LG Chem, Lotte Chemical, JG Summit, Reliance Industries, Sumitomo Chemical, Wood, Borouge, ADM, Danimer, Iberia, Heartland, Technip Energies, Neste, Victrex, Sabic, Methanex, Southern Chemical, Mitsui Chemicals, Celanese, WACKER, Natgasoline, BASF, Innospec, Arkema, Siam Cement, Air Liquide, Avantium, Chevron, Lonza, Trafigura, Eneos, GM, Huber Eng. Materials, McPhy, Novaria Group, Evonik, Danimer Scientific, ArcelorMittal, Hyundai Oilbank, Samsung Engineering, Posco, Novonix, Nagase Spec. Materials, Pingmei Shenma, Momentive, Shin-Etsu, GCL, Arrival, ChargePoint, Fisker, Li Auto, Lucid, MP Materials, Nio, Rivian, Blink Charging, Canoo Inc, EVgo Inc., Faraday Future, Hyliion Holdings, Hyzon Motors, Lion Electric, Nikola Corp., Niu Tech, Proterra Inc., REE Auto, Volta Inc., Wallbox N.V., GreenPower Motor, Arcimoto, EHang , Electra Meccanica Vehicles, Electric Last Mile Solutions, Ideanomics, Lightning eMotors, Mullen Automotive, Nuvve Holding, Lordstown Motors, TPI Composites, VivoPower, Workhorse Group, XL Fleet, Vestas, Huntsman, Wanhua, Covestro, Formosa Plastics, Hexcel, Valero, Sasol, S-OIL, Angel Nickel, Grupa Azoty, Givaudan, SK Group, Honeywell, Avanguard, Ineos, Lanxess, Li-Cycle, Olin, Shintech, OxyChem, Phillips 66, Eastman, CNX Resources, RPC, Canyon Plastics, Donaldson, Linde, Hexpol, Henkel, Chemtrade, CF Industries, Saudi Kayan, Baystar, Iberdrola, NextEra, Aramco, Archaea Energy, Berry Global
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 103
Trouble Ahead: How An Unchecked ESG Lobby Drives Inflation
- Political challenges of balancing the need to support energy transition while avoiding criticism at every turn are driving both inaction and inconsistent policy.
- In turn, this creates increased corporate investment uncertainty, gives activists a louder voice, and the net effect is underinvestment and product shortages.
- A near-to-medium resolution of these issues is unlikely, suggesting higher prices for energy and materials will continue, dwarfing any emission abatement costs.
- Analysis of sector earnings reports to date shows further constraining product shortages and cost inflation remain stand-out backdrops, but demand is strong.
- Otherwise, we research lithium and EV markets, emission action versus talk, and recent rail freight data that shows how the energy transition is reversing in 2022.
Last week we discussed 33 Chemicals and related products and 148 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams