PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, PET, Clean Energy Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Naphtha, EVs, Steel, Corn, Soy, Canola, Crude Oil, Nickel, Lithium, SAF, Ethanol, Biopolymers, Sugar Cane
Dow, LyondellBasell, Westlake, Nova Chemicals, ExxonMobil, CP Chemical, Baystar, Sabic, Axalta, AkzoNobel, PPG,, WACKER, Shin-Etsu, Elkem, Olin, Kuraray, Formosa Plastics, OQ Chemicals, Solvay, SQM, Albemarle, Livent, BASF, BP, Shell, Peabody Energy, Ecolab, Covestro, Brenntag, Mitsui Chemicals, Celanese, Trinseo, Sipchem, Lubrizol, Nouryon, Oerlikon, Reliance Industries, Exide Industries, Svolt, Williams, Sadara, Amcor, Ascend, Mitsubishi Chemical, Republic Services, TotalEnergies, Venture Global, Samsung SDI, Wanhua, Huntsman, Aramco, Asahi Kasei, OMV, Equinor, Chemtrade, Piedmont Lithium, Posco, Sirmax, Petronas, Eneos, Kumho Petrochemical, Plastic Energy, Albea Tubes, Indorama, Nexo Plastics, AFC Ecoplastics, Stolthaven, Simax Group, Michelin, BMW, H.B. Fuller, Azelis, US Steel, Nucor, Air Liquide, Linde, Bloom Energy, Plug Power, Methanex, Southern Chemical, Natgasoline, Lanxess, Nutrien, Chimcomplex, Epsilyte, ArcelorMittal, DL Chemical, Kraton, Shintech, Occidental, Inter Pipeline, Rockpoint Gas Storage, Hapag-Lloyd, Kinder, Boardwalk, Enbridge, Clariant, Aemetis, EuroChem, IFF, Denbury, Yasho Industries, Sibur, Braskem, DSM, Grace, Woodside Petroleum, Entergy, Advent, Altana, Rayonier Advanced Materials, Cleveland-Cliffs, Symrise, ABB, Genomatica, ITOCHU, Aquafil, Li-Cycle, Maersk, Maserati, FRX Polymers, Petrofac, Sandler, Target, Porsche
The Ukraine Crisis Makes our Mega-Cycle View More Likely
- Uncertainties from the Russia/Ukraine war have thrown another roadblock in front of major global capital projects – especially in Asia, where oil costs are critical.
- Asia growth Capex limitations like those witnessed in 2011 to 2014 are inevitable if oil prices stay high, curbing supply growth below that of regional demand.
- Other regions face issues, especially in the West, with emission compliance challenges restricting capacity additions, even in the US with feedstock advantages.
- This makes a “much stronger for longer” case for commodities more robust, even if freight markets normalize to allow China surpluses to find homes in 2H22.
- Otherwise, we discuss still solid positive chemical price momentum, some strong regional pockets of profitability, corporate updates, and much more on energy.
Last week we discussed 24 Chemicals and related products and 125 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams