C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Does DC Understand Economics – Energy Proposals Suggest No
- Our (first ever) guest writer (Chris Sheeron) identifies and discusses some likely unworkable “band-aid” legislative initiatives emerging to combat energy inflation.
- Everything proposed looks to have potentially damaging unintended consequences, except the “produce everything” Republican plan.
- The Republican plan falls short, in our view, by not mentioning greenhouse gases and the party has likely missed a great opportunity to show holistic leadership.
- We highlight more challenges for wind and solar capacity growth, despite the tariff removal in the US – the answer is more CCS and possibly hydro-power.
- Otherwise, we look at chemical recycling and waste disposal vs recycling. We also look at water, as a source of renewable power and a source of lithium!
Today we highlight and thank our guest author Christopher Sheeron – CEO of Grayson & Co.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams