PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, Polystyrene, PET, Clean Energy Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Ethanol, SAF, Renewable Diesel, LNG, Biodiesel, Gasoline, Lithium, Batteries, EVs, Ethylene, Plastic Waste, Ammonia, Fossil Fuels, Copper, Nickel, Aluminum, Rare Earths, Wind Turbines, Solar Modules
Dow, LyondellBasell, ExxonMobil, CP Chemical, Westlake, Shin-Etsu, Oxy, Formosa Plastics, Olin, Orbia, Enterprise Products,, Nova Chemicals, BASF, Clariant, Saint-Gobain, PTTGC, Ganfeng Lithium, DIC, Celanese, Kuraray, AkzoNobel, CF Industries, Nutrien, Corteva, H.B. Fuller, Hecla, Momentive, Solvay, Hexion, Bridgestone, Advent Technologies, The Andersons, Honeywell, Siemens Energy, Trinseo, Terra CO2, SABIC, Cohu, PepsiCo, Wanhua Chemical, Teijin, Mitsubishi Power, LG Chem, Braskem, Nexus, Umicore, Walmart, Airbus, DuPont, PPG, Sherwin-Williams, FMC, Ineos, W.R. Grace, Ube, Shell, Unilever, Kellogg, Plug Power, Tellurian, Fastenal, Circularix, Macquarie, Equinor, EcoVadis, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Hillenbrand, Repsol, M. Holland, 3M, Advanced Petrochemical, Rivian, Gevo, Axens, Fulcrum Bioenergy, Navigator, Summit Carbon Solutions, BMW, NextDecade, Freeport LNG, Talos, Anglo American, BHP, Glencore, Rio Tinto, Vale, Huntsman, Covestro, Borealis, OMV, Methanex, Vitol, Delfin LNG, Air Liquide, Neste, Koch, Tianjin Bohai, Toyo Ink, Lummus Technology, Hexicon, Ericsson, General Motors, Hyundai, Fisker, Tesla, Volkswagen, Kraft Heinz, Delta Air Lines, TSMC, Amazon, REC Group, WEG, Redwood Group, Gazprom, TotalEnergies, EMS Group, Kemira, Worley, Hexpol, BP, Sinopec, Berry Plastics, Saipem, Petrobras, Adama
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 126
Hold Please: Macro Distractions Curb Many Strategic Initiatives
- Heightened macro uncertainty typically pushes corporate focus to immediate issues and shifts many strategic plans – this is the case today.
- Uncertain demand, higher financing costs, and pinched profitability for many in the manufacturing sectors could pause many “nice to have”.
- New product trials, possible business collaborations, and some energy transition projects not driven by mandates – are a few examples of where priorities change.
- We focus on where investment will continue – renewable power, some (limited) reshoring, LNG, and energy transition projects tied to well-publicized promises.
- Otherwise, we discuss falling polymer profitability in the US, possible European shutdowns, why inflation could worsen, and the ethanol market.
Last week we discussed 32 Chemicals and related products and 125 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams