C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
I “Woke” Up This Morning & No One Liked My ESG Plan Anymore
- As Texas, Florida, and others weigh in on ESG agendas, it is interesting to see how much backlash can develop from something being pushed way too far.
- We see significant weakness in ESG methodology and goals, and we also do not believe that you can drive an intended change in a sector by not investing in it!
- The anti-woke lobby has seen a doorway created by a lack of definition and clarity in ESG investing and is driving a wedge into it – unsure how this resolves.
- We look at the European power crisis and suggest that one deal with Canada will not be enough and that making ammonia to move hydrogen is an expensive fix.
- Otherwise, we look at recycling under lower prices, a surge in CCS, and other activity that could benefit from the IRA, and Oxy.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams