Daily Chemical Reaction
You Make Loving Fun – Prospects for Energy Transition Materials Remain Great, Most Others Face Bad Dates
- Most commodity chemicals face substantial downward price pressure in 4Q22. We discuss why clean energy materials and fertilizers will reflect more support than most.
- We discuss Ineos sending more ethane cargos to Europe and a WoW bounce in natural gas prices in Europe after recently hitting a YTD low, among other relevant trends.
- We flag takeaways from the Huntsman, Celanese, and AdvanSix 3Q22 earnings calls, and discuss constructive fertilizer and methanol market commentary from OCI NV.
- We highlight recycled resin price weakness in Europe, note new tax credits in Canada for hydrogen producers, and discuss alternatives for gas-fired power plants in the US.
- We discuss auto inventory trends, highlight European auto manufacturer sentiment estimates, and provide a few takeaways from North American rail traffic movements.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams