Daily Chemical Reaction
OXY-Clean – Moving Quickly Towards Green, While Followers Of Its Core Products Get Increasingly Mean
- We discuss Oxy strategic initiatives to put cashflows to work to expand its chemicals and clean-energy businesses and why it will likely increasingly gain investor applause.
- We highlight the EIA forecast for US natural gas in its latest short-term energy outlook that reflects more upside than downside risk and its view of the US diesel market.
- We highlight Chlor-Vinyl market trends in light of OxyChem’s 3Q results and views from its management on the earnings call that profits are not as weak as anticipated.
- We discuss Oxy’s ambitious strategic investments to build a CCUS platform across the carbon capture value chain and low-carbon ventures as complementary businesses.
- We highlight quarterly results from DR Horton and frame the number of new-home vs. existing-home sales made in 3Q. We also highlight macro views from Asahi Kasei.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams