Daily Chemical Reaction
Homegrown – New Home Starts Decline As Higher Interest Rates More Than Offset Falling Material Prices
- We discuss consumer spending within the housing products market, as the uptick in mortgage rates has cut new home affordability, and flag the polymer chains impacted.
- We highlight the volume of LNG sitting on the water, waiting for a likely winter-led price hike, and a snapshot of German LNG import capacity growth by project status.
- We discuss the CP Chemical/QatarEnergy announced USGC petrochemical project developments and LyondellBasell evaluating a metathesis-based propylene project.
- We highlight China’s significant market share position in battery materials and opine on some estimates showing a chemical demand under many net zero assumptions.
- We illustrate the differences in the retailer updates from Target and Kohls relative to Home Depot and Lowe’s, and we discuss US industrial production developments.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams