C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Was COP27 a “Trade Fair for Natural Gas”? If So, Not So Bad.
- COP27 was the ideal opportunity for the natural gas lobby to make its case, and while the purists are objecting – those focused on energy security cannot resist.
- Gas oxy-combustion with CCS should see a boost as users look for baseload alternative to wind, solar and nuclear – hydro needs a low-cost breakthrough.
- Labor remains a major bottleneck for energy transition as old energy jobs are still growing and not providing the labor pool for new energy – training is needed.
- 2023 is a critical possible tipping point for ESG investing, especially in the US – regulators need to step up to improve the image – but be impeded in the US.
- Otherwise, we look at opportunities for chemical recycling and waste to energy, and more consolidation in RNG.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams