Daily Chemical Reaction
- The housing and construction market is negatively impacting some building materials, and while this may linger through 2023, PVC likely has upside from infrastructure, especially in India.
- The G7 meeting may get testy over German support for natural gas use, but Germany is dealing with pragmatic analysis rather than idealism – CCS is key to finding a compromise.
- Abu Dhabi’s interest in chemicals in North America is just one of many examples of offshore companies looking at cheap hydrocarbons. Integrating the potential portfolio would make sense.
- We note the haves and have-nots in raising capital for energy transition, noting Bloom’s debt deal versus the struggles in the EV space. We also again question the logic of hydrogen hubs.
- Calls for more local production in Europe (and the US) make some sense, but costs will matter, and reducing import dependence should be secondary to building something economical.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams