C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Green Hydrogen: Can You Get The Economics Out Of The Red
- A deep dive into green hydrogen economics suggests that some technologies might be advantaged over others, but nothing works without cheap power.
- Lower capital costs will make a difference as technologies scale, but the critical piece is the power and finding enough to allow technologies to scale could be hard.
- Both hydrogen and ammonia potential demand require faster development of clean power and hydrogen technology. Net Power may have one of the answers.
- Faster development is needed in general, and while the incentives may now be in place in the US – permitting remains a challenge as does corporate planning pace
- We look at the risk of depending on the weather for energy as climate change impacts weather and what happens to energy inefficient low grade office space.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams