Plastics, PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PU, PC, PET, Critical Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Ammonia, Wind, Solar, Corn, Soy, Sugar Cane, Biomass, Ethanol, Biofuels, SAF, Lithium
Livent, SQM, Albemarle, Ganfeng Lithium, Glencore, Umicore, Freeport-McMoRan, Nutrien, CF Industries, Corteva, BASF, Bayer, FMC, ExxonMobil, Lyondellbasell, SABIC, Braskem, Formosa Plastics, Adnoc, OMV, Borealis, Borouge, Ineos, TotalEnergies, Croda, K+S, Syclus, Cepsa, Technip Energies, Evonik, Novachem, Mitsui Chemicals, Asahi Kasei, Symrise, Jiangxi Zhicun, Chemours, DuPont, Röhm, LG Chem, Aqua Metals, CATL, Posco Holdings, Petrobras, Sinopec, McPhy, Mepol Group, Tetra Technologies, Patterson-UTI, Cummins, Air Liquide, First Solar, Bunge, Chevron, Baystar, PetroChina, Shell, Petronas Chemicals, Mitsui, Uniper, Sasol, Dow, Enterprise Products, Invista, Axens, Lubrizol, Grasim Industries, Fluor, Carbfix, Duke Energy, BorsodChem, Brenntag, Celanese, Unipar, Ford, General Motors, Stellantis, Volkswagen, Polestar, Airbus, Orsted, Vestas, Plug Power, Bloom Energy, Chart Industries, BlackRock, Denbury, Origin Materials, Capital Power, Clariant, Lanxess, Ashland, H.B. Fuller, Chandra Asri, Cabot, Westlake, Shin-Etsu, Oxy, Orbia, Aker Carbon Capture, Richmond Minerals, Sinochem, Pirelli, LG Energy Solution, Petronas, Wood, Idemitsu, Siemens Gamesa, Pattern Energy, DKSH, Trollvind, AEG, Samsung
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 176
2H Blues: Pressure To Change Greatest For Those Least Able To Pay
- European industrial companies with complex decarbonizing challenges are facing the prospect of higher costs while industry profitability evaporates.
- National interests will come into play if the alternative is widespread shutdowns, significant job losses, and even greater dependence on imports.
- Protecting some industries will be inflationary for Europe and hurt downstream competitiveness unless personal taxes rise and growth slows – poor alternatives.
- We further discuss metal demand and the challenges China dependence brings to business planning/political positioning. More non-China investment is needed.
- We introduce our new weekly hydrogen service, in ESG we look at funding challenges, despite a capital abundance, more on crude oil, LNG, and China.
Last week we discussed 25 Chemicals and Related Products and 112 Companies.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams