PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, Polystyrene, PET, Clean Energy Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Renewable Power, Wind, Solar, Hydro, GHG, Fossil Fuel, Lithium, Water, Gasoline, Ammonia, EVs, Carbon, Polyolefins, Plastic, Plastic Waste, MEG, Biofuels, Crops
CP Chemical, Westlake, Dow, LyondellBasell, ExxonMobil, Repsol, Unipar, Borouge, Neste, Air Products, BASF, Huntsman, Covestro, Wanhua, Target, Lanxess, Advent, DSM, Chesapeake Energy, Chevron, Energy Transfer, Petrobras, Serica Energy, EMS Group, Eneos, Mitsui, Adnoc, Santos, Solvay, ABB, SIBUR, Corteva Agriscience, Fisher-Price, Agilyx, Ford, IFF, Siemens Gamesa, Sony, Technip Energies, Air Canada, Walmart, Worley, Nutrien, CF Industries, Bayer, Plug Power, Braskem, Nova Chemicals, Orion Engineered Carbons, Shell, Baystar, PureWest, OMV, ConocoPhillips, Trafigura, Brenntag, Conab, Argan, Inc, Kvasir Technologies, Thermore, Schneider Electric, International Seaways, AstroNova, Dollarama, Foster Farms, Exergy, Cenovus, KBR, Mura Technologies, LanzaTech, Denbury, DWS, Albemarle, Li-Cycle, Glencore, Origin Materials, Hexpol TPE, SABIC, Navigator CO2, Phillips 66, SK E&S, Bosch, INEOS, Cummins, Rio Tinto, Freeport LNG, Univar, Mercuria, Cheniere, Equinor, Kemira, Qatar Energy, Sherwin-Williams, Black Hills, ChargePoint, Clariant, Japan Airlines, Nestle, Tesla, Unilever, Boeing, Swancote Energy, Hasbro, TechnipFMC, Bharat Petroleum, Intel, The Andersons, Mosaic, LSB Industries, Birla Carbon, Linde, Borealis, Gevo, Petro Rabigh, POET, EnLink, Mitsubishi Power, Georgia Power, Evonik, KazMunayGas, First Solar, Innergex, Honeywell, Redfin
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 122
Enemy Of The State – Inflation Broadly Cuts Profits, Blasts Budgets
- US manufacturers and consumers face persistent inflationary headwinds – our industry indicators and analysis from Washington suggest a quick fix is unlikely.
- Our (first ever) guest writer (Chris Sheeron) identified and discussed why some “band-aid” legislative initiatives to combat energy inflation are “unworkable”.
- Energy and Agriculture commodity price inflation implies cost headwinds for US manufacturers, spurring efforts to lift prices despite mounting demand concerns.
- US gasoline prices hit another record this weekend above US$5/gal. We flag our views on this market, recent developments in ethanol, and other related items.
- Otherwise, we comment on the DOE hydrogen hub initiative, paint a positive picture of clean-ammonia demand, and frame a few recent trends in hydro-power.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams