C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Energy Transition – The Lunatics Face-Off – Trouble Ahead
- We view the Supreme Court ruling to limit EPA authority as a step back for US environmental policy during a critical period to align energy transition efforts.
- We are not taking a political stance, but we do see the need to focus on needed common sense and practical solutions and the consequences of regulatory actions.
- A likely consequence of last week’s ruling is more activism and possible tension with European trading partners – something multinational companies do not want.
- We look at Yara’s plans for a clean ammonia empire, noting some realistic views of the timing of green ammonia and the likely evolution of costs – blue first.
- Otherwise, we look at recycling rates, highlight numerous developments on ESG rating methodologies and their variances, and flag several lithium market issues.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams