Daily Chemical Reaction
Addicted To Love – Chemical Producer Views Stay Broadly Optimistic; 2Q Auto Disruptions Flagged
- March-quarter chemical profits broadly exceed Street expectations and the guidance offered in early 2021. Full-year profit outlooks are also on the rise.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Ashland, BASF, Clariant, Hexpol, Kraton, Methanex, Orbia, PQ Group, SABIC, Shell, Sinopec, OCI, & Total profit postings; multiple global sector Capex updates)
- We preview LyondellBasell’s results tomorrow with some Dow compares
- We flag inflating input costs for many chemical end-product producers across various raw materials beyond commodity chemicals.
- We discuss Ford and Mini news of production issues due to semiconductor sourcing issues. Notable impacts expected in the June quarter.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams