C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Waiting For New Tech Elevates Net-Zero Target Risks/Challenges
- Governments should support proven emission initiatives that work today rather than overly fund unproven technology advances that might fail or underperform.
- The clean energy trade is not over. Another rally looks likely – focus on Gevo.
- Evidence of consumer product companies seeking renewable materials for packaging & ingredients is rising – a headwind for conventional chemicals/plastics.
- Hydrogen may outbid power suppliers for wind and solar – bad for grid security.
- Critics of the IEA net-zero plan should come with alternatives, not just a “no”!
See PDF below for all charts