Daily Chemical Reaction
When The Levee Breaks – Downward Pressure Facing Spot US PGP Stiffens, Rising Production Tide Ahead
- US commodity chemical prices still reflect broadly tight conditions relative to Asia. Though an abrupt loosening of US markets is unlikely at a sector level, the return to a more typical supply setting will vary by product chain.
- This report targets US polymer-grade propylene (PGP) as an example product facing abrupt price degradation amid increased supply availability.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., ExxonMobil, Johnson Matthey, LyondellBasell, Saint-Gobain, & other producer updates).
- Carbon prices in Europe bounce WoW back to near record-high levels after a recent decline – we highlight a few drivers of this market.
- The Baltic Index increased WoW, reflecting a five-year high for the time of year, and this offer further evidence of broadly elevated global freight rates.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams