Daily Chemical Reaction
- US premium ethylene derivative prices relative to Asia are our focus today. We flag several items that question the longevity of relative US price support.
- We highlight Air Liquide, Arkema, & Petrobras strategic update news, flag multiple price initiatives, and discuss global production update items.
- USGC spot ethylene holds up following a reset lower, while both spot US PGP and benzene reflect downward pressure amid increased availability.
- We discuss an increased push to broaden climate-friendly initiatives from traditional channels and flag several global sustainability initiative updates.
- The Freightos China-to-US freight rate index rises WoW and the Baltic Exchange Freight Rate Index remains at the high-end of the five-year range.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams