Daily Chemical Reaction
Knock On Wood – Building Product Prices Begin To Fall From Historic Highs Amid Improved Supply
- Building & Construction raw material prices rose notably in 2H21. This report discusses the recent decline in price from historic highs for few key products amid improved supply, signaling 2Q21 will likely mark the peak.
- This report flags the recent development in Crude prices relative to Natural gas and displays an estimated US Chlor-vinyl profit trend.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate items (e.g., Huntsman, BASF, WR Grace, Pembina, Indorama, SABIC & other producer updates).
- Carbon prices in Europe bounce higher WoW but remain below the mid-May peak – we highlight a few fundamental drivers of this market.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams