Daily Chemical Reaction
- Global chemical production has improved, but regional logistical issues continue to favor supply imbalances and US polymer price premium support relative to Asia. This report discusses the general market setting.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Axalta, OMV, Repsol, Shell, Posco Chemical, Worley & other price & business news).
- Sector demand indicators broadly remain robust, but we flag the WD-40 profit report and other indicators questioning the pace of momentum.
- We find numerous ESG announcements worth mention, ranging from EIA research targeting CO2 emissions to multiple carbon capture proposals.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we launch a multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams