Daily Chemical Reaction
More Schuhplattler! – BASF Profit Views Dance Past Expectations, Rising Risk Of Sector Cramping Ahead
- BASF issues preliminary 2Q21 results and lifts its 2021 profit expectations, with both notably beating Street estimates. We expect more positive producer updates in July but also see sequential profit headwinds stiffening in 2H21.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., BASF, Air Liquide, Advanced Petrochemical, INEOS, & other price & business news).
- USGC spot ethylene increases WoW, while polymer-grade propylene (PGP) and benzene spot values decline. We flag other relevant price trends.
- We find numerous ESG items worth mention, ranging from EU carbon price trends to the estimated value of carbon-based goods and services.
- Along with publishing our latest ESG weekly, we launch a multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams