C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Global Divisions Widen On Climate Policy: US In A Tough Spot
- As the rubber hits the road on real climate change action and investment, divisions are widening and not just between the believers and the deniers.
- If different agendas today lead to very different actions taken by 2025, divisions will be wider still and the US, in particular, could find itself lagging & more isolated
- CCS may be the only big win available to the Biden Administration – it is not a perfect solution but it has bipartisan support and it will work
- We make a case for a dramatic increase in the chemical recycling of plastics as it is likely that this initiative will be less painful for consumers than the alternatives
- Otherwise, we talk about carbon offsets, more blue hydrogen, ESG pressure on the banks, and more political compromises that will be necessary
See PDF below for all charts