C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Risk Adjusting Climate Action – Decarbonize vs Demonize & Duct Tape vs Green Ribbons
- This report discusses the UN IPCC report and realities facing recent climate initiatives, concluding that inaction on this front far outweighs the opposite.
- Though the science remains ambiguous enough to question extreme views, the cost of addressing the scary scenarios late may be enormous (if even possible).
- But, we cannot wait for “ideal” solutions. Today’s spending/policy should focus on speed and where it creates the least economic harm or most good.
- The right focused approach should be good for CCS and US natural gas, but only after carbon footprints decline dramatically – a positive for some mid-stream.
- Separately, our meetings confirm that ESG investing is in for a bumpy road.
See PDF below for all charts