Daily Chemical Reaction
- Strong derivative demand and logistic issues between regions push our focus to production swings in a few notable commodity chemicals. We flag production issues in US propylene but some relief in ethylene and methanol.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Kuraray, Henkel, Atotech, KBR, Sumitomo Bakelite, Motiva & other news).
- We highlight recent US refinery utilization, US chemical rail traffic, and global freight rate indicators pointing to still out-of-whack global conditions.
- We flag several ESG items worth mention, ranging from a recycled HDPE capacity expansion to numerous carbon reduction initiative updates.
- Along with highlighting our latest ESG weekly, we flag our multi-client initiative on carbon abatement in conjunction with the Power Research Group.
- We note numerous other relevant chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams