C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Too Much Debatable Science! Not Enough Accounting
- As we approach COP26, the stream of “studies” and press releases likely to emerge promising the best (or only) way forward will be difficult to ignore.
- Our analysis in this report strives to qualify some of the science and accounting linked to views receiving the most coverage. Our efforts in this area are ongoing.
- Many “influencers” continue to either push partisan agendas or focus on a specific geographic application. Local options and economics matter.
- We also discuss wellhead methane emissions and how these are being bundled into inaccurate and misleading critiques of blue hydrogen/methanol/ammonia etc.
- Separately, we question whether the plastic waste issue will be sidelined in light of an increasing level of focus on climate change and related agendas.
See PDF below for all charts