Daily Chemical Reaction
Paid to Play – Flexibility To Crack Naphtha Adds To US Benefits For Some; Asia Methanol Targets Europe
- This report comments on why light naphtha is now the cost-advantaged US integrated cracker feedstock and why USGC ethane holds an advantage over other co-product heavy feeds, most notably propane. USGC ethylene cracker margins across its major feedstocks are higher than in both Europe and Asia.
- We highlight several downstream findings, ranging from the increased sales guidance from Best Buy to the Advanced Auto Parts business update.
- We highlight pertinent chemical sector corporate updates (e.g., Lanxess, Showa Denko, Evonik, Univar, LG Chem, Lukoil, Sinopec, & other items).
- We find varied ESG items worth considering, ranging from numerous corporate ESG initiative updates to general climate trend discussions.
- We note numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams