C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Chemistry, Engineering, Project Management, and Accounting: The Often-Missing Ingredients In New Ventures That Fail
- As we look for solutions to climate and other sustainability initiatives, critical evaluation of new technologies will be essential – many will over-promise.
- It is not just the likelihood of success of a new or adapted technology but also its commercial viability, the speed with which it can advance, and its impact.
- Today, we see too much focus on solutions with uncertainty/risk and not enough emphasis on large-scale practicality – in energy, plastics, and emissions.
- We discuss whether a divided US Congress and the IPCC study conclusions will empower activists and litigators – the cost to the consumer could be high.
- Is a US plastic tax on the horizon? Legislators are suggesting it as a means to make recycling more lucrative, unlikely to pass into law, perhaps not the best way.
See PDF below for all charts