C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
COP26: Science/Economics Or Emotion Driven – Major Problems Ahead If It Is The Latter
- Corporate ESG agendas appear focused more on appeasing the immediate pressure from stakeholders rather than practical and viable goals.
- COP26 could worsen the outlook by embracing some of the more aggressive targets not based on science/economics or help by accepting imperfections.
- We would like to see broad support for clean natural gas (accompanied by carbon capture) to allow needed industries to grow while minimizing inflation.
- Separately, we provide more evidence that clean energy cannot come quickly enough and reliably enough to satisfy current ambitions in the West, and the quest we are on will potentially give competitive leverage to those less driven.
- We expand further on alternative polymers and their rate of penetration.
See PDF below for all charts