Daily Chemical Reaction
Out In The Middle – Sector Focus On Sales Growth In 2021 Will Likely Shift To Margin Support In 2022
- In November, US consumer spending on durable goods moderated, though it remained well above 2019 levels. This report discusses moderating growth in durable good spending in 2022 amid an increased relative uptick in supply.
- We discuss pertinent energy and chemical sector updates (e.g., Hyundai Chemical, PPG, Rio Tinto, Shell, Aramco, Petrobras, Arlanxeo & others).
- We highlight relevant ESG items worth notice, ranging from rising carbon capture updates from US ports to greater coal use in 2021. Also, see our ESG weekly, Coal – The Cheapest Blue Hydrogen: Heresy Or Common-Sense?.
- We wish our readers a Happy Holiday and give notice that will not publish a daily report on Christmas Eve or Sunday Thematic research this weekend.
- We discuss numerous other pertinent chemical sector items in this report.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams