C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Hydrogen – Hype, Hope, and Headlines
- We introduce our hydrogen stock index and make a constructive investment case for equipment makers, which comprise most of the index today.
- Green hydrogen producers with strong balance sheets will likely make it through, but many start-ups will get squeezed by high costs and competition.
- Monolith has an interesting offering, and DOE backing should get a first world-scale unit built – a greater problem for producers of carbon-black than hydrogen.
- We look at what we expect to be an onslaught of bullish headlines to start the year, with new technologies and new participants looking for backing & support.
- Otherwise, we discuss natural gas, carbon values, and recycled polymers (again), plus some thoughts on Origin Materials and our new ESG stock indices.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams