C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Will Russia’s Actions Send ESG and Energy Transition to Siberia?
- As diesel belching tanks roll across Ukraine, publishing research on emission abatement feels odd, but the climate challenges will worsen from conflict.
- Sector performance has not been spectacular, year-to-date – even relative to the broader market, and we remain well off the 2021 highs – no apparent catalysts.
- We study some new large-scale green energy and carbon capture projects, noting that today in the US, these are pretty but mostly unfunded pictures.
- More waste plastic is disappearing into new applications: this is good only if you are not committed to increasing recycled polymer content. Packagers must adapt.
- Otherwise, we discuss the transformation at DuPont, and comment on carbon prices, ethanol, and renewable fuels – more progress here than other sub-sectors.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams