C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Higher Energy Prices Bring Out The Crazies – But Resources Missing
- Higher energy costs make renewables look more economically attractive, driving calls for development – being selective is paramount as considerable risk remains.
- Projects that only make sense at $100 oil risk either failure when/if oil corrects or will require government bail-outs to keep operating – we look for better ideas.
- Green steel is gaining traction: new infrastructure/manufacturing investments may demand it – opportunities for some but another renewable power demand.
- The tension between energy security and climate activism is growing, and more lawsuits will discourage necessary energy production – leadership is needed.
- Otherwise, we focus on Ukraine impacts, carbon prices and emissions, and bp’s more realistic wake-up call in its recent World Energy analysis.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams