C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
The Need to Count Carbon – All Things Renewable Are Not Good
- The route to renewable fuels and materials is not as simple as using a plant-based input, and carbon sources and sinks matter. The need for audits will rise.
- Global accounting firms are staffing up – some dramatically – because they see a need to verify ESG claims, and we think carbon intensity will be top of the list.
- Our research and analysis suggest that aviation fuel will be the most significant renewable need from a volume perspective, and demand should exceed supply.
- We discuss the Shell energy transition report published today, concluding that it is a good report of progress and intent but will unlikely be enough to calm activists.
- Otherwise, we discuss possible shortfalls in the supply of recyclable material, blue versus green (CCS will be critical), renewable power (again), and geology.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams