C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
ESG Pledges Mount in Earnings and Sustainability Reports; Unclear How Many Are Viable & Supported By Real Action Plans
- Corporate quarterly and sustainability reports are full of good intentions and targets, but most remain theoretical – we question the viability of many plans.
- While 2030 targets provide plenty of timing flexibility, a late-decade rush could make logistic bottlenecks worse than those seen today – a plus for cost inflation.
- First-mover advantages today are likely limited unless customers will pay for greener products, but benefits may arise for those beating the investment peak.
- There is a little more action in the US, with a Republican Caucus on climate change and energy transition forming post the API carbon tax proposal.
- Otherwise, we look at alternative polymers, significantly more studies around US CCS, more wind problems, and renewable power price inflation in Europe.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams