C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Carbon Capture Costs Are The Hurdle For CCS Investments
- CCS project announcements are popping up daily, especially in the US recently – most are aligning partners with pore space, and the capture part is uncertain.
- While incentives like 45Q can cover compression and sequestration costs quite comfortably, the elusive piece of the puzzle is getting pure streams of CO2.
- Investing in processes that create high-purity CO2 may be the best solution and form part of the basis for emerging ATR projects and calls for oxy-combustion.
- The industrial gas companies may be very well placed because of their hydrogen experience and because the demand for oxygen plants could increase.
- Otherwise, we look at the mountains of cash, a wrong decision from Germany on biofuels, our stock indices, and some worrying analysis on lithium.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams