C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
ESG Gets Its Day(s) In Court – Not Good for the Evolution
- Rumblings around lacking ESG investment clarity, which have grown louder for years, are coming to a head, as investors lose patience and the law steps in.
- Despite best intentions, the regulators are late to the party and risk having to deal with a lot of legal precedents if lawsuits are concluded before regulations.
- The rise in ESG labeled assets under management suggests significant stock fallout as rules emerge and portfolios are rebalanced. More losers than winners.
- We talk about cash and resource misallocation if projects are progressed that rely on high oil or natural gas prices – there may be cash to spare but not materials.
- Otherwise, we discuss the growing gap between recycled plastic supply and demand, decarbonizing LNG, and more power shortages.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams