C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Renewable Power: Time For The Nuclear Option
- Embracing nuclear power as a core pathway to decarbonization, where able, will free up other renewable resources and ease many energy transition challenges.
- Wind and solar are currently preferred pathways but are capacity constrained and have capacity factors that are very challenging for the grid and industry.
- Water-based power looks cheap, but opportunities are more limited – nuclear technology is well understood, but there would be issues with feedstock sources.
- We again discuss why we believe climate change must be taken seriously. It’s not about whether the science is right, it’s about the severity of the consequences.
- Otherwise, we look at recycling diversity, lots of action on the carbon capture front, Air Products hydrogen empire, and critical metals availability (again).
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams