PVC, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polycarbonate, Polystyrene, PET, Clean Energy Minerals, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, Natural Gas/NGLs, Crude/Naphtha, Renewable Power, Nuclear, Coal, Oil, Carbon, Biofuels, EVs, Steel, Cement, Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Methane, LNG, Fossil Fuels, Plastics, Recycled Polymer, Lithium, Battery, SAF
Covestro, Huntsman, PPG, AkzoNobel, Sherwin-Williams, LyondellBasell, Dow, BASF, Formosa Plastics, Nova Chemicals, Enterprise Products, Nutrien, CF Industries, LSB Industries, Westlake, Devon Energy, Williams, Kensin, Evonik, Shiva Performance Materials, Aramco, Valvoline, BP, Maire Tecnimont, Sumitomo Chemical, PKN Orlen, SABIC, SK Innovation, Tokuyama, Hanwha Solutions, Marathon Petroleum, Freeport LNG, SIEMENS Gamesa, Maersk, CenterPoint Energy, Pemex, DuPont, Eastman, Uniper, Valero, The Andersons, ADM, Sealed Air, Berry Global, Petrobras, Livent, Albemarle, Arconic, Entegris, Ingevity, GM, Mitsubishi Chemical, Orica, PetroChina, SK Capital, Cemex, TurningPoint, SoCalGas, Nexeon, SolarEdge, BMW, Rivian, Gulf Coast Sequestration, Air Products, Linde, Air Liquide, Aker Carbon Capture, Talos Energy, Denbury, Summit Carbon Solutions, Navigator, Bloom Energy, FuelCell Energy, Plug Power, Ballard, Vestas, Oxy, Olin, Shell, TotalEnergies, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Equinor, Repsol, Mosaic, Bayer, FMC, Energy Transfer, Cheniere, APA Corp, Braskem, Borealis, Chesapeake Energy, ConocoPhillips, Lanxess, Johnson Matthey, Sinopec, Koppers, Glencore, Asahi Kasei, McDonald’s, Pertamina, NextChem, SolarWinds, Loop Energy, Motiva, Chambal Fertilizers, SQM, Ganfeng Lithium, Compass Minerals, Umicore, Freeport-McMoRan, Celanese, AdvanSix, Wacker Chemie, Targa, Cariflex, Orion Engineered Carbons, Kaman, Univar, DSM, Nikola, Stellantis, Fluor
C-MACC Sunday Thematic & Weekly Recap 129
Fields Of Gold – Agriculture Market Indicators Remain Positive
- Fertilizer & agricultural chemical equities have outperformed other chemical sub-sectors since June, as crop and energy market trends remain constructive.
- The US agriculture sector benefits from tight crop conditions supporting farmer spending, while overseas supply issues and low costs benefit fertilizer producers.
- The energy sector faces long-term demand concerns and ESG pressure, and we think some players will increasingly focus on chemicals to spur long-term growth.
- Commodity chemical markets should see increased availability, a typical plus for specialty producers. Demand concerns are limiting positive sentiment in both.
- Otherwise, we note recent weakness in critical energy mineral values, discuss the US inflation reduction act, and study recent declines in global freight rates.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams