Renewable Power, Solar, Wind, Materials, Hydrogen, Lithium, Biofuels, EVs, Water, Carbon, CO2, LNG, Natural Gas, Copper, Ammonia, Nuclear Power, Polysilicon, Minerals, Polymers, Ethylene, Biomass, Syngas, Jet Fuel, PET, Recycled Polymer, Basic Chemicals, Crude Oil
Next Era Energy, Dow, Broadwind, Denbury, Talos Energy, CF Industries, Mitsui & Co., Bloom Energy, Plug Power, FuelCell Energy, Ballard Power Systems, WACKER, LyondellBasell, Shell, Air Products, BASF, Fulcrum Bioenergy, Oxy, Energy Transfer, Amyris, CapturePoint Solutions, Enterprise Products, Volta, Wintershall Dea, Stem, TPI Composites, Aemetis, Clean Energy Fuels, Fluence Energy, Proterra, Microvast Holdings, Lucid, Workhorse Group, Danimer, Origin Materials, SolarEdge, Mullen Automotive, Hyzon, Crown Electrokinetics, American Superconductor
Recycling, Renewables, Carbon Capture, Emissions, New Energy, The Hydrogen Economy, ESG Investing, Climate Litigation, Clean Fuels
C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Private Investment Will Make Or Break The Inflation Act
- Many are hailing the spending side of the Inflation Reduction Act as a catalyst for real change in climate-related investment and even see positives for fossil fuels.
- The funding in the bill is spread widely and targets communities and projects – attracting third-party capital will be critical to achieving many goals.
- CCS is straightforward: the increase in 45Q should get private investment going – other aspects of transition carry risks that may be too high for some investors.
- We look at the importance of stimulating investment in materials – not just energy and note that we have already seen some prices bounce – like copper.
- Otherwise, we look at why R-PET prices are collapsing, what LyondellBasell might do with its refinery, CCS in Europe, and Bloom Energy 2Q22 results.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams