Daily Chemical Reaction
- We highlight US inland barge traffic congestion due to low river levels as a headwind for agriculture and chemical markets and working in favor of price inflation.
- Low Mississippi river water levels are helping us gauge risk with our Issaquena Green Power project. Our confidence in the viability of the project has not declined.
- We note the price increase of USGC ethane relative to Ex-US naphtha WoW, discuss the TotalEnergies 3Q22 market update, and highlight a few nuclear power stats.
- We discuss the competition between ammonia and methanol as a shipping fuel, and we highlight the expansion in RNG targeting the California transportation market.
- We provide a breakdown of consumer inflationary pressures by end-product category and show estimates supporting the case of falling US homebuyer demand.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams