C-MACC Weekly “CRETER” (Climate etc.)
Will They Pay – How Much Do Stakeholders Want To Be Green
- To accelerate investments in all things green energy and green materials, buyers will need to accept some risk in terms of pricing – guaranteeing project returns.
- Downside protection in offtake contracts will ensure that businesses do not collapse in cyclical downturns – we are watching the recycling independents today.
- Building products companies could shake off the recession if they can provide the materials needed to lower building emissions – something of increasing focus.
- Scope 3 emissions will kill the fossil fuel-based transport fuel industry – offsets will delay the inevitable, but there will not be enough economic offsets long-term.
- Otherwise, we discuss EVs as part of the grid, the need to lower nuclear capital costs, why Larry Fink is in trouble and whether “modular” can provide answers.
See PDF below for all charts, tables and diagrams